From:Charles segelbaum

From: charles segelbaum
To: kawther_salam@yahoo.com
Subject: IDF
Date: 14 Nov 2002 21:35:24 -0500

Dear Kawther

I had written you an angry letter a short time ago this evening, but I have just read your diaries. As much as I am a die-hard lover of Israel and would die for Israel, it pained me to read of your treatment at the hands of IDF soldiers. If possible, I would like to offer you the apologies of Israel (if, indeed I can speak for Israel ) for the behavior of a few soldiers.

However, you seem to be been talking of the same few soldiers who have been harassing you in various ways. I can truly say that this is NOT the Jewish way and that it is only a tiny percentage of the IDF that would act this way. In balance, Israeli Jews are kind and decent people who have had their own share of "stores" ( problems )

Dear Kawther, you must know that bad behavior can be a feature of Palestinians as well as Israelis. Do you think you could at least document abuses by BOTH SIDES? This would be more even -handed. Or, are you
perhaps afraid of what your Palestinian brothers might do or say to you if you reported from both sides of the fence. I mean this question seriously and in no way as a sarcasm.

Anyway, I no longer feel the hostility to you that I displayed in my first email. Please accept my apologies. I think that you are a brave ( and - dare I say it - very beautiful ) woman. Let there be shalom between our two peoples. My daughter Rochelle lives in Jerusalem and I visit once a year from Florida where I live. I would be honored to have a cup of coffee with you at the Chafe Simon if you can spare the time. In the meantime, l'hitraot,

Shalom, Salaam

posted by الفــ العربي ــارس @ 9:56 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Kawther Salam

A Palestinian Journalist...

About me

I graduated from..

addtomyyahoo Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google Add to Netvibes Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Web This Blog


About me

    I'm الفــ العربي ــارس From very special being a tiny little creation of God.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

Powered By

Powered by Blogger