Asking for Asylum

I went with Ramin to the asylum office. Mr. Pretterebner, the asylum office director, interviewed me. It was a normal interview. Completely different from what I had heard about the asylum office in Israel and the media. I even felt comfortable during the meeting.

I was interviewed by an intelligent person, he gave me enough time to talk in my mother tongue, Arabic. An official translator translated for both of us from German to Arabic, and from Arabic to German.

I was just talking about my life under the occupation and the traditional society. I wasn't interested in spreading false rumors or inventing stories. The right way is to say the truth. My father learned me this since my childhood.

The interview went very easy. Mr. Pretterebner asked me if I would mind if he asked the Austrian Embassy in Tel Aviv to investigate some of my stories. Of course you can do this. This is your legitimate right, I said. Each country should investigate. I never heard about a country with open borders. The most important point is to say the truth all the time. After that, you shouldn't be worried.

On December 5, 2002, I received the response from the asylum office. I was granted asylum in Austria.

posted by الفــ العربي ــارس @ 9:49 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Kawther Salam

A Palestinian Journalist...

About me

I graduated from..

addtomyyahoo Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google Add to Netvibes Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Web This Blog


About me

    I'm الفــ العربي ــارس From very special being a tiny little creation of God.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

Powered By

Powered by Blogger