Memory of the historical Palace

At morning and at evening, each hour and moment I turned my eyes in front of my house in Hebron, I used to see a historical highness palace standing on the nearby hill like a piece of natural art mad by a proficient artist.

Since hundreds of years, the grand-grand-grand ... fathers built their palace in the middle of a high rocky hill called Abu Seneneh. The Amero family was owned this palace until the beginning of the 4th, Oct. 2001.

Since before Oslo agreement the palace became an occupation target. The palace and the hill Abu Seneneh took a place through Taba negotiation and Hebron re-deployment. The Israelis claimed the hill and the palace looking out over the Jewish settlement of Avraham Avino at the vegetable market. Both sides, the Palestinians and the Israelis accepted to stop daily joint patrols, Palestinian and Israeli patrols to stop on the hill near the palace.

The fact that the occupational authority read about the history of this ancient palace which in their version threatened the presence of the Jewish settlement Avraham Avino, which stands directly in front of the palace and the hill.

In 1997 the IDF soldiers occupied the rooftop of my house which gives an lookout over the palace and the Abu Seneneh hill.

During the Peace time 1997-1998, the Jewish settlers tried several times to re-occupy Abu Seneneh's hill. Since the beginning of Al-Aqsa intifada, the occupational greed increased to destroy the historical palace. The IDF soldiers shelled the hill several times, but failed to destroy the palace.

On October 5th, 2001, at 3:45a.m strong explosions agitated Hebron and woke up everybody in the city. At that moment I felt like the rooftop of my house fell on my head. It was still too dark to recognize anything, and I counted the moments waiting for the morning to arrive and the sun to rise. The morning arrived, with Israeli flags raised over Abu Seneneh's hill.

The historical Palace was leveled to the ground. The settlers were dancing nearby.

How difficult it is to see your enemies celebrating your calamities in your homeland.

posted by الفــ العربي ــارس @ 9:23 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Kawther Salam

A Palestinian Journalist...

About me

I graduated from..

addtomyyahoo Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google Add to Netvibes Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Web This Blog


About me

    I'm الفــ العربي ــارس From very special being a tiny little creation of God.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

Powered By

Powered by Blogger