Unknown Nationality

Ramin told me that I have to fill an application for the residence application at the civil administration in Austria.

I went with Ramin to Wien 1180 District Administration office.

It was a rainy day.
The streets were quiet and wet.
Everything around me is completely different.
In my homeland in Palestine August is considered as a hot month.
The morning is a live hour ...
But, I am in Wien now...

At the nearby shop, I stopped to buy a postcard for Romi.

We arrived the civil administration office around 7:30am. We had our entry ticket. I filled in the residential staying form. The administration employee start looking for "Palestine" under the list of countries at the office computer.
He didn't find "Palestine" in the list ...

Palestine is not recognized. He said: maybe I mention your nationality under Israel ?
No, I'm not Israeli, you shouldn't do that. I'm a Palestinian.

Ramin became angry...
He asked, why Palestine is not recognized in the computer ? Is this a mistake ? The worker said, "This a political question!!!" It's not a mistake. It's a political decision made by the European countries.

I showed the worker my International Press Card which was issued in Brussels, a European country, and recognized the word Palestine. The worker looked at my card, he said, "This is not a computer word, it's a print one!!"

The civil administration office, asked by phone the officer in charge about that. The officer said that I have to be mentioned under "Unknown" nationality!!

posted by الفــ العربي ــارس @ 9:19 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Kawther Salam

A Palestinian Journalist...

About me

I graduated from..

addtomyyahoo Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google Add to Netvibes Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Web This Blog


About me

    I'm الفــ العربي ــارس From very special being a tiny little creation of God.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

Powered By

Powered by Blogger