War of Thirst

I used to buy the water to fill my tanks.
The soldiers used to cut my water tanks and drain the water off.

I used to collect the rain water for my daily use.
The soldiers used urinate and throw feces in the place where I collected the water.

It's difficult to have a glass of water in Hebron.
It's difficult to buy a water tank...

In Hebron, each housing quarter was receiving water for three hours every 60 days.
The Jewish settlement were stealing the water...
The Israeli government didn't fulfill the water agreement which concerned the Palestinians water allocation.

The Palestinians were using the contaminated water for the day to day use. During the Intifada the Public services such as water deteriorated rapidly. Almost 60% of the children in Gaza suffer parasitic infections attributable to dirty water.

In Hebron, 80% of children suffer of illnesses related to amoeba infections of drinking water. The situation caused acute shortage of water, and as a result Typhoid fever and Amoeba contamination related sicknesses were spreading in the southern area of Hebron even before the Intifada as a result of the use of the contaminated water.

Under this shortage of water, the Israeli infrastructure Effi Eitam banned Palestinians from drilling for water in the West Bank, and put a freeze on the issue of permits for future drilling.



Feces and garbage (bottles full of urine) thrown on Kawther's roof in Hebron by the occupying soldiers. This is where the rain water is supposed to be collected.


Water tanks, a broken solar water heater and a position held by the IDF on Kawther's roof in Hebron. Everything is damaged by the soldiers.

posted by الفــ العربي ــارس @ 9:41 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Kawther Salam

A Palestinian Journalist...

About me

I graduated from..

addtomyyahoo Subscribe in Rojo Subscribe with Bloglines Add to Google Add to Netvibes Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Web This Blog


About me

    I'm الفــ العربي ــارس From very special being a tiny little creation of God.
    My profile

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

Powered By

Powered by Blogger